Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 4: In Which My Excuse is that I Take Weekends Off

'Nough said.

Current Word Count: 3,557
Target Word Count: 6,666
Behind by 3,109 words



There you have it.  Yes, I fell a bit behind this weekend (mostly because I didn't write a lick on Sunday), but I can still come back and win this thing.  I feel confident.

Oh snap.  I just remembered that, thanks to the fact that AT&T wiped my phone, the amazing picture of the guy who was towing a trailer full of unsecured 2x4s right in front of me on the highway is gone forever now.  That's too bad, because it was a miracle how that wood was not in my windshield.  I'm lucky to be alive right now, folks.

I'm at that stage in my writing where, due to the rushed-ness of it all, I'm looking back on my writing with a horrified expression, thinking "WHY?!  My writing stinks, my plot stinks, my book stinks, in fact I stink.  What was I thinking, 50k words in one month?  It'll be unreadable!"

What to do when you have these thoughts?

Here are my thoughts on these thoughts.  Or, whatever.  Here's what to do:


  1. Give yourself a good pat on the back.  Maybe eat some Halloween candy.
  2. Think of your ideal book.  The one this pile of whatever will someday resemble.  Remember that and draw inspiration from it.
  3. Give yourself a good kick in the pants.  Get back to writing ya whiner.
I find that almost any problem in writing can be solved by more writing.  It's a vicious cycle, really, but one that works.  Write, and all your problems will melt away.

(Well, except for, you know, those unwashed dishes you haven't had time to clean, your unwashed clothes you haven't had time to run through the laundry, your unwashed self that needs attention, etc.)

I'm beginning to think that maybe, despite my staunch campaign against outlining novels, that perhaps maybe possibly I should have outlined my novel.
(Don't you say a word Anastasia.  Not one freakin' word.  Not even a sound.  Don't even think)

So do not despair, writer friend!  You WILL write this novel, it WILL be amazing (one day), and you WILL... 

....

....

....

...something.


Bathe in yogurt.  Sure, why not?


You WILL bathe in yogurt!




It has just occurred to me that my posts are random, without reason, and not remotely helpful or even mildly inspiring.





Oh well.





That is all.

Watzzit Tooyah







My-Current-Emotional-Sate-ometer
Defiant

1 comment:

  1. Please note the time I posted this post, reader. 1:00:00 AM. Down to the millisecond. This was not a scheduled post. That takes skill, my friend. Skill, or dumb, blind luck.

    That is all.

    -WT

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please no hating, flaming, cursing, or other unpleasantness. I will know, and I will find you O_O.

Always watching...